Things you may consider harmless household items can be deadly to your puppy. Make sure these items are kept out of reach. We recommend that you clean up promptly if the following items are spilled:
Garden supplies such as insecticides and fertilisers. (In fact, it's best not to use these items at all if you have a pet.)
Plants. Many are toxic in live or dried form. Ask your nursery for information on the plants you want to purchase. When in doubt, keep the plants well out of your dog's reach.
Coins. Some coins contain zinc, which can cause vomiting, anaemia, or even death if ingested by a pet.
Chocolate. As little as 28g of unsweetened baking chocolate can be deadly to a small dog. Keep chocolate well away from dogs, and be especially mindful at Easter!
Antifreeze has a sweet taste to dogs, so they may lick it off the floor of the garage or driveway. Yet as little as one teaspoon can cause irreversible kidney damage, and can be fatal to a small dog. Clean up spills quickly and thoroughly.
Stay-alert formulas can cause convulsions in dogs.
Ibuprofen can cause kidney damage or gastric ulcers in dogs.